Hello and happy new year! Did everyone have a good Christmas? What did you end up doing for NYE? The week at my parents was truly refreshing, I had about 8-9 hours of sleep a night and was able to catch up on some reading that I had put aside for awhile. I finally finished off the 7th book in the Harry Potter series and now I understand the Harry Potter craze! lol
I'm not really one to do a year in review, but so much has happened in the past year! There were both good and bad things (as expected) and I'm not going to really dwell in the bad, but I figured all the fun events that I didn't blog about should be highlighted here. Another year has passed and another year I've grown. I hope that this somewhat explains my crazy life and why I had so many breaks in between posts.
I remember posting that I went to Mexico in May for my gf's wedding. Please excuse our squinty eyes, the sun was so bright that day! Our group of about 25 stayed for a week and we ate like kings/queens and participated in as many activities as possible.
One of the most memorable events for me (besides my gf's wedding day) was swimming with the dolphins!
That same month, my friend and I attended Eat Vancouver. I was able to meet Bob Blumer and Anna Olson whom I've been watching on tv for years now.
This was the summer that I BBQ'd tons. When I think of my 2008 BBQ's, my mouth waters for skewers, watermelon and mojitos!
Even though I grew up in Kelowna - this summer was the first time I visited a couple of the local wineries... One of my favourite summer photos!
This photo was taken on one of the nights I celebrated my birthday. I turned 25 this year and though it didn't seem like a big deal to me, all my friends wanted to celebrate this "milestone" birthday. I think that two weeks of festivities and 8 differing cakes sure as heck made it special. Thank you to all my friends who were so thoughtful.
Halloween 2008 was a complete blast! I have been wanting to be Little Red Riding Hood for years and I was able to gather up all costume accessory and clothing pieces in time. I went around work that day and did "reverse trick or treating" which consisted of me handing out goods to colleagues. lol
Other major highlights of the year:
- Attending Cheryl and Andrew's wedding in July which I previously blogged about. Also - I can't remember if I linked you, but check out her trash the dress video too!
- Watching Cirque du Soleil's Corteo show
- Going on my first motorbike ride up the Sunshine Coast
- Watching Janet Jackson's first concert in over 12 years in Vancouver
- Attending Odessa and Greg's wedding in October.
- Being able to meet Trisha Ladouceur, Leica Forrest, Lisa Strahl and Vicki Boutin at BC's Creative Expo in November. More on this at a later post... ;)
- Being a member of the Odd Bird Planet Design Team from June-November
I'm almost positive that I've left out other things but I think that covers the big ones. Looking forward to all the new adventures that 2009 brings me! Thanks for stopping by.